With more than 85,000 households in Parminster we have a lot of bins to empty! To help us do this as efficiently and safely as possible, make sure:
- you put your bin out before 6.30am on your normal collection day (but no earlier than 5pm the day before)
- all rubbish and recycling is in the right bin
- all rubbish and recycling is in the bin, with the lid closed flat
- your bin isn’t blocking the road or pavement
- you bring your bin back in as soon as possible after we empty it
Things you can put in your blue bin
Your blue bin is for items that we can recycle:
- Envelopes (with windows) and junk mail
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic - drinks bottles, household cleaner bottles, food trays/tubs/pots
- Newspapers and magazines
- Shredded paper
- Tetra paks
- Tin foil and foil trays
- Tins and cans – steel and aluminium
- Yellow Pages and phone directories
Don’t put hard plastic (like toys or coat hangers), bubble wrap, polystyrene, plastic bags, scrap metal, clothes, nappies, pet food pouches or garden waste in your blue bin.
Quickly rinse your containers to get rid of any leftover food or liquid, and put them straight in the bin and not in plastic bags.
Things you can put in your green bin
Your green bin is for garden waste:
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge clippings
- Plants – indoor and outdoor
- Twigs, small branches and bark
Don’t put turf, large branches, soil, stone or rubble, or your pet’s poo, bedding or straw in your green bin.
Put your garden waste straight into the bin and not into plastic bags.
We only collect your green bin if you have paid for a green bin subscription.
Things you can put in your black bin
Your black bin is for general rubbish that we can’t recycle including leftover food, plastic bags and wrappers, polystyrene, nappies and dog/cat poo.
Don’t put garden waste in your black bin. Don’t put soil, stone or rubble, or building materials – this will make the bin too heavy for us to move, so we won’t be able to empty it.
You can put your rubbish in plastic bin bags before it goes in the bin.